Sunday, March 1, 2009

Horoscopes.

Although everyone may not know theirs, everyone has a horoscope. From Gemini to Capricorn, these astrological symbols don't just represent the star alignment you were born under..they reveal who you are.


Zodiac Sign pinback buttons
Originally uploaded by jnhkrawczyk



In almost every women-oriented publication you come across, somewhere in there is your daily star reading. These usually reveal how your day will go as far as work and love, and sometimes try to reinforce your belief in them by giving you some vague characteristic you supposedly have.

Many read these horoscopes religiously, as if these mini-predictions were the be-all, end-all of their future. Others, on the other hand, think...well...


Astrology is bull
Originally uploaded by thebadastronomer



Personally, I do not see the harm in reading these every now and then for fun. However, just because I have found that almost NONE of mine tend to be accurate, I do not believe in horoscopes or that my star sign determines what kind of person I am.

I will rate this trend a 3 out of 5 stars though, because I think that The Onion's take on horoscopes is probably one of the funniest things to ever happen to me.

★★★

0 comments: