Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies.

I come from a family of sweet-tooths (sweet-teeth?). If there's one thing my family cares about, it's how to get a quick fixin' for our cravings. And there is one season, one time of year that is looked forward to more than Christmas and Thanksgiving combined as far as sweets go...


Girl scout cookie season.


That is why I have decided, for your viewing pleasure, to discuss with you and rate these treats, to help people of all kinds, and to live by the girl scout law.

1. Thin Mints
Thin mints are described as being round, mint flavored cookies covered in dark chocolate. Dark chocolate?? Whaaaa? I am not a fan of dark chocolate, but there is something about these cookies that make me want to marry the next person I see. In fact, funny story, I used to hate these cookies. Now, put down your weapons and rocks because I was a young, stupid girl at one point and everyone gets a "Get out of jail free" card, am I right? But yeah, these cookies are obviously the most popular of the GSC's, with good reason. I rate these 5 out of 5 for pure popularity, simplicity, and PMS-friendliness.
★★★★★

2. Samoas or Caramel Delights
You guys, this was so hard for me to rank these as number two. The perfected mixture of coconut, chocolate, caramel in a tiny donut shape makes me loopy. I can't even tell you how many times these cookies have helped me through the worst exam cram nights, break ups, and slumber parties. Besides expanding my waist line, these cookies expanded my heart...for girl scouts. I now actually care about the girl scouts because of these cookies. I also give these 5 out of 5 stars, because in a perfect world, this would be the only food available.
★★★★★

3. Do-Si-Dos
Without going into the entire background of my weird eating choices, I am not a huge fan of peanut butter in some things, like Reeses cups. Maybe it's the peanut butter and chocolate combo. ANYWAY. In regular cookie world, peanut butter cookies are my absolute favie! The girl scout version of my heart in cookie form are called Do-Si-Dos, and they measure up pretty nicely to the competition. Only downside: veryyy crumbly. (But what peanut butter cookies aren't?) I rate these 4 out of 5 stars, because they can kick any peanut butter craving you have right in the crotch.
★★★★

4. Tagalongs
Like I said previously, I'm not huge on the chocolate-peanut butter combo. But one of my good friends could seriously eat nothing but these Tagalongs for the rest of her god forsaken life. Now, I don't know if it's because everytime we hang out she pulls a box of these bad boys out of her purse, but the more we hang out, the more I appreciate Tagalongs. I give them 3 out of 5 stars, because there are DEF other GSC's I'd rather eat.
★★★

Honorable mentions include: Lemonades, Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips, and Dulche De Leche's.

(Images courtesy of Girlscoutcookies.org)

0 comments: