Monday, April 13, 2009

The Orange Glow.

I've noticed the campus has gotten a lot brighter lately...and by that I mean there have been more sightings of The Orange Glow. Don't know what I'm talking about?


Okay, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. But you can't deny the amount of orangy-tans strolling across campus lately. Not just here, but everywhere you go...girls are going tanning because summer is coming up.

Now, I am all in favor for a healthy glow to your skin. It makes you look thinner, healthier, and vibrant. But when I fear I am going to get second-hand skin cancer from standing too close to you, you may have a bit of a tanning problem.

I really don't want to dedicate a post to the health risks involved with going to tanning booths, because I think every girl who's ever been tanning (myself included) has been yelled at, ridiculed, and scolded about how we're going to get skin cancer. Unfortunately, my mom just recently got basal cell melanoma and had to get surgery to have it taken care of. I have since sworn off the tanning bed, and instead get my tan from a tube...the way nature intended it!

But really, I do promote the use of self-tanners if you do want that look because not only are you preventing cancer, but you are preventing looking like a leather handbag by the time you are 30. My favorite self-tanners are:

  • St. Tropez
  • Jergen's Gradual Self Tanning Mousse
  • Oil of Olay Touch of Sun in Medium
  • Neutrogena Spray Bronzer
  • Fake Bake
I do not give The Orange Glow look any stars, but if you practice safe sun care, I give you 5 out of 5 stars!

★★★★★

0 comments: