Monday, April 13, 2009

Gladiator Sandals.

It seems like every year, there is some ridiculous shoe trend that surfaces from the depths of radical fashion designer's minds. I remember when I was in third grade, the cool shoe to have was the platform tennis shoe.

I believe it was this exact pair that I owned and "rocked" in third grade, making all the boys want to date me and all the girls want to be me...or something like that.

I first noticed the newest shoe trend while skimming through Perez Hilton. Of course, who other than Mary-Kate Olsen was one of the first to start wearing...

The Gladiator Sandal.

I think my reaction was much like the rest of America's when this shoe made its debut: Why? Why? Why? I was scared, nervous, and mostly uncomfortable to see poor innocent legs caged in by strappy patent leather. They looked completely uncomfortable and not even attractive. I just didn't get it.

But then, like most things, I began to warm up to the idea of gladiator sandals...or at least the tamed down version:



I actually bought a super-cheap, super watered-down version of the gladiator sandal at Target not too long ago. I still don't think that the Gladiators that climb up to your knees are attractive, but it's good to see fresh ideas coming into the fashion world...even if you do need to alter it every now and then to fit your own style.

I give Gladiator sandals 3/5 stars, because I still think there are much cuter sandals out there.

★★★/✩✩

0 comments: